Regardless of what your goal might be, having your own home gym is beats paying for gym memberships. But before you acquire some machinery, you could get a couple of weights, a yoga mat, and a treadmill and you’re good to go.
There are many ways you can utilize stuff that will be valuable additions to your home gym. We’ve written this article to give you our best tips for creating your very own home gym, so stick around as it might benefit you.
1. Work With What You Have
If you live in a tiny apartment where setting up the yoga mat means pushing the couch into another room, then you should consider other exercises that allow you to work around your space.
With plenty of space comes the option of having plenty of choices for home exercises. In this case, you could get a treadmill for your cardio workout. However, if you lack the space for it, then you should consider doing pushups, sit-ups, squats, and lunges since these are the type of exercises that don’t require that much space. Another useful home gym tip is to install a door-mounted pull-up bar.
2. There Are a Few Essential Equipment for a Home Gym
We’re all tempted to buy a treadmill, but you should stop wasting money on equipment that you don’t need and invest in the absolutely essential equipment. To get you started, we’ve put up a list of the most essential home gym equipment, and those are:
- Yoga Mat: A yoga mat is essential for doing pilates and for stretching exercises. It’s also useful for push-ups and sit-ups.
- Resistance Bands: Resistance bands are great for strength training and for stretching exercises.
- Kettlebells: Kettlebells are the solution to your weight lifting problems and they are best for resistance training and body weight workouts.
For more information about the best home gym reviews, you can learn more here.
- Dumbells: Dumbells are similar to kettlebells, but one advantage is that they are excellent for upper body workouts.
- Medicine Ball: Excellent for strength training, yoga, and pilates.
- Foam roller: A foam roller is great for massaging tight muscles, and for stretching exercises.
3. Buy On the Cheap
Home gyms can always be improved as time goes. Since you might not be sure whether or not you want a home gym, it’s always best advised to hit up an off-price department store where you can find all of the essential equipment listed above for a relatively cheap price. Big stores such as Target also have essential gum equipment, and you can even hit them during the discount season.
4. Get a Man-Size Mirror
If you’re eager to see results, then the best way to do so would be to get a man-size mirror. However, don’t be so sure that you’ll see visible results right away. Exercising takes lots of time before visible results start coming out. A mirror, however, helps you correct your form and minimize injury while watching yourself during your trainings. While nothing is beating a personal trainer, a mirror is a great substitute for it.