The most significant reason for most of the marketers to use social media channels for their marketing purpose is to gain more organic traffic to their site. Out of them, a majority of the marketers prefer Instagram as the marketing platform over all other social media channels.
The main reason for such preference is not due to their whims and fancy but due to the fact that it is far more effective a channel as compared to others. This, once again, is not said just like that. It is a matter of fact.
Ideally, there are several different ways in which you can promote site traffic, and all are equally good and productive. However, using one or multiple social media channels as marketing in order to increase the traffic to websites is the recent trend and has already proved to be the most effective one at it as well.
According to the report of HubSpot, itis found that:
- 92% of all marketers all over the globe claimed that social media marketing is an important aspect of their business and
- A staggering 80% of them indicated that it helped them immensely in increasing the number of organic traffic to their site.
In another survey conducted by The Social Media Examiner, it was reported that:
- 97% of all marketers are using social media currently
- 85% of these marketers are however not sure about the specific tools to use to make the best use of social media
Both these statistics indicate that there is a huge potential in social media to increase website traffic. However, it goes without saying that you will need to do it in the right way.
Factors for its effectiveness
Now the question is, how does social media deliver what it promises and how does it help in increasing the number of traffic to a site? Well, here are the reasons:
- Diversification: Since there are so many different social media channels out there, it offers a lot of opportunities to diversify your marketing approach by using different channels that have different useful features. When one door closes, another opens, so to speak. Typically, marketers now do not have to rely heavily on and only on Google though it is the top choice for many marketers. However, in most of the cases, it is seen that there are a few specific updates of Google that leads to a significant drop in web traffic referred to search engines. These different channels will help you to branch out, and you will find that there is more than one way to promote your brand, business, product, and website, all of which will ensure more traffic to it.
- Recognition: The different social media channels will enable your site to retain its own voice and unique content, which differs from one site to another even if they belong to the same specific industry. It will help you and your site to get recognized. You can use every opportunity that social media has an offer to let your target audience know about your site. This is an opportunity that should not be missed at any cost. When you use a particular social network frequently, more and more people will come across your site, and you will get more real Instagram likes in a newsfeed. When you use a particular social network frequently, more and more people will come across your site, and you will get more real Instagram likes in a newsfeed. One of the websites which deal with this is com. Even if they come for the first time, it will make it easier for you to be more accessible to these new apathetic users and at the same time, it will make your site more recognizable for your existing customers.
- Steady growth: The social media channels are more like a gift to the marketers that seem to be growing continually. This is due to the fact that the number of social media users keeps on growing. This growing number denotes that more and more users are spending much of their time and leisure on different social media sites such as Facebook or Instagram rather than on Google. This also means that this larger number of audiences engaged in social networking ensures that you will have a greater opportunity to win a larger number of traffic to your site provided you use the platform just as the way it should be used.
- Links: You will be able to gain a lot of different incoming links from different social channels and sources. These incoming links will connect the users to your website easily and generate more traffic. This is because Google will index your social updates as well as the profile of your social networking profiles. Once the site is listed on anyone or a couple of these social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, or any other, this will ensure that your site gets more and right kind of people driven towards it. This means these links will be clicked on only those people who are interested in your product, your site, what you say and what you sell. That means you have the results of direct targeting.
- Competition: Modern business world is highly digitized and highly competitive as well. If you use the social media platforms, it will ensure that you get into the competition well and truly and also have a higher chance of winning. The features and functionality of these platforms, when used properly, will not allow your competitors to poach your potential followers and traffic in the social media landscape. This is because you will be in the game just as nicely and fully as they are.
Lastly and most importantly, you will always stay connected with your followers and audience when you use social media platforms. This is one of the most important aspects of social media marketing. With the two-way connection, you will know exactly what your customers want and deliver them with it. This will increase their trust in you and they will click on the link to visit your web page. One of the most significant advantages of staying connected is that you can get your word out to them easily and always. This will ensure that your followers do not end up on the site of your competitors.