Home Business When Do You Need COP3 Assessment of Capacity

When Do You Need COP3 Assessment of Capacity

by Edvard Berlusconi

When it comes to your welfare and financial decisions, you get to do what you can to ensure that everything is in line. Unfortunately, we live in a cruel world where people will try to take advantage of your shortcomings. This applies to a situation where you are not in a good mental state to make decisions. People will try to twist your mind until you make decisions in their favor.

If you realize that you are not at sound mental capacity probably due to health issues or age-related cognitive problems, the best decision you can make is to file for the court of protection. This is the only way to ensure that every decision you make does not harm you in any way. The court of protection will make decisions on your welfare or financial matters on your behalf during these traumatic times.


However, the protection comes with a sequence of events, and the first one is to prove your mental capacity incompetence by providing a mental capacity assessment report. Luckily, with reliable providers like OFH, you can quickly get a COP3 assessment of capacity, and you can finally get started. If you are not sure if you need a court of protection, here are some of the cases when you should consider getting these services.

For help with property and financial decisions


Once you are granted court of protection, a deputy will be appointed to help you make sound decisions. This is of great help, especially if you own a business or lots of property. These might be overwhelming for you to manage by yourself based on your mental capacity. With a deputy, everything will go as fine as it would if you were in the right state.

Under this order, the deputy may take full control of your property and financial affairs. If you wish, the deputy will manage your accounts, pay off your debts, collect credits, and apply for any benefits that you are entitled to. When it comes to property management, the deputy will manage your inventory. If you are residing in nursing care and do not wish to go back home, the appointee will help you decide on whether you should sell your home or what move to make next.

Personal welfare


It is not all about property and finances. Your health and personal welfare matters, and if you are not in a position to make the right decision regarding these things, you will be endangering your well-being. Under this court of protection order, your deputy will be liable for ensuring your health and safety is in check. He will make decisions regarding your medical treatment and ensure that you are getting the right one. Without mental stability, you can easily neglect your health. You might also compromise your health by going to places that you are not supposed to. The appointee will, however, keep an eye on you and help you in making every decision that has to do with your welfare.

According to the law, every individual is assumed to have a sound mental capacity and therefore, before getting a court of protection order, you must prove otherwise. If you, a friend or relative is going through such issues, look for a reliable and reputable COP3 mental assessment provider and let them help you prove to the court that indeed you need help.

This is to show that you are unable to make a sound decision on the mentioned areas and that you need a deputy to help you do so. Do not suffer wondering what will happen to your hand-worked property and finances or what will happen to your well-being due to your mental state. Follow the right steps, file for the court of protection, and have peace of mind knowing that everything is under control.