Our bedrooms are places that most of us consider being our own personal sanctuary, a place where we can relax and rest, and get a good night’s sleep. However, we often tend to forget about the chemicals that are present in the room.
For example, trichloroethylene that is present in dry cleaning, formaldehyde that comes from our carpets and insulation, and benzene that comes from the paints in the room. These chemicals can be present in the air that we breathe in when we sleep, which can in return affect the quality of our sleep. So, are you wondering how you can reduce this? Actually, it is quite simple, by adding bedroom plants to your room. Let’s take a look at the benefits we can get from these plants.
The benefits of having plants in your bedroom
There are people who will say that having houseplants is not good, however, most people who have plants in their bedroom say otherwise. If you are wondering what can you get from having plants in your room, here are some benefits:
- They will make the room feel more alive and comfortable
One of the benefits that you can get from having plants in your room is that they will make it feel more comfortable and alive. Any plant will brighten up any space. And by adding potted plants on your bedside table or at the corner of your room can make it feel more comfortable and appealing.
- They will purify the air
As mentioned in the article, specific chemicals and toxins can be present in the air. And under the right conditions, plants can purify the effects of the chemicals on the air, since they will absorb them and trap these chemicals and release oxygen. Hence, they will make the air you breathe much cleaner.
- They can help you relieve stress
Are you wondering what other benefits can you get? Well, according to the experts from Floraqueen, by taking care of your plants you can reduce stress, as well as anxiety. You could even achieve this by simply touching the leaves for 2 minutes, it will definitely have a positive impact on you.
Best houseplants for bedrooms
Now that you know what the benefits are, you are probably thinking about what plants is suitable for your room. The good news is that you have a wide range of plants to choose from and your choice will mostly depend on the bedroom style. Let’s take a look:
- Peace Lily – this is one of the most popular bedroom plants that will grow well in low or high light areas. It will not need a lot of maintenance and it is quite easy to know when your plant might need watering since the leaves and flowers will become droopy.
- Parlor Palm – if you want a bigger plant in your room, you could opt for the parlor palm. This flower loves bright spaces and if you want to grow one in your home, make sure that the soil is always evenly moist. Keep in mind that you should not water it so much since it will wither.
- Jasmine – if you need some help with falling asleep, placing a jasmine plant on your bedside table is recommended since the scent of it has a calming effect on people who suffer from high levels of stress or anxiety.
As you can see, there are various benefits to growing plants inside your home. They will neutralize toxins in the air, allow you to sleep better, and they will have calming effects if you suffer from stress or anxiety. Hence, do not waste any more time and start searching for the most suitable household plant for you.