Your wedding is one of the most important event in your life. You want everything to be perfect to have a memorable day! Not only should you- the bride dress perfectly, but also your squad should look their best, as well as the consideration of comfort, budget and many other factors, it’s really a difficult to find the perfect bridesmaid dresses. We’ve put together a list of 5 tips that are very helpful in finding perfect styles for your squad, and top 5 pick-ups of comfortable bridesmaid dresses that are sure to keep everyone looking beautiful and feeling comfy on your wedding day!
1. The best time you should start your shopping
Timing is everything when shopping for the bridesmaid gowns. Giving yourself plenty of time will ensure you to find the perfect dress and have enough time for any mistakes that might happen during the process. At least 6 months before your wedding is a reasonable starting time, this will give you enough time to browse through different styles and try on dresses in boutiques before you can make the final decision.
Start by doing your research online to get an brief idea of what you prefer and then you could go to a bridal shop to try on different designs and fabrics. Take your squad when you are shopping so that you can have their feedback how the dresses look and fit. Shop online is another good way, it saves time for you and your girls, but be sure to read the reviews and check the sizing and measurements before placing your order.
2. What’s the most comfortable dress styles?
Not all bridesmaid dresses are created equal, comfort levels are different as well. Some styles feel comfy than other styles. So what are these?
Empire dresses is one of them. This tyle is cut to have a fitted chest and a high waistline. In this style, you won’t feel any stuck at middle section and breath freely as you want. The bottom is designed flowy for comfy moving.
A Line dresses is also a comfortable option. They feature fitted bodice while with a wider skirt, creating a comfy look that is beautiful too.
Wrap dresses are another great option of comfort. These styles wrap around your bodice and drape along your curves of the body. They come in many different lengths, making them a great choice for any height or body type. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to move around in, so you won’t feel restricted while dancing the night away.
3. Comfy fabrics
The best fabrics for comfort include cotton, linen, chiffon, satin and jersey.
Cotton is a lightweight and breathable fabric, perfect for hot days. It’s also one of the most affordable materials, making it a great option for budget-conscious bridesmaids. Linen is also an excellent choice for warm weather. They are more for casual wedding. For weddings with higher formality, chiffon, satin and jersey are top options. Chiffon is an light and airy fabric and drapes elegantly, it comes in more than 200 colors, and are a good choice for weddings in all seasons. Satin, heavier and shinier than chiffon, can create a more sophisticated look. Jersey is ideal for both formal and simi-formal weddings. It has a soft, stretchy look, and can be dresses up or down according to different formalities.
4. Tips on how to dress comfortably
As a bridesmaid, you need to stay with the bride for most of the time on the wedding day, and you will have to be on your feet for several hours, dancing, standing and more. To ensure you will not get exhausted easily, here are some tips for comfort.
- Opt for stretchy fabrics for your dress, it will go with your curve and won’t constrict or bunch up.
- Look for some adjustable cut, for example adjustable straps or wrap dresses with tied up strings, they can be adjusted to your desired fit. This will make it easier to get a comfy fit for moving around.
- The length. Floor length gowns may look beautiful and elegant, but dragging on the floor will make moving inconvenient if you keep step on it. So a ankle length, or midi length dress will give you the maximum comfort,
- Choose lightweight materials – choose materials that won’t weigh you down like chiffon or tulle.
- Don’t be afraid of layers – a light layer of tulle or lace can add a touch of elegance without adding too much bulk or weight.
5. Top Pick-ups
We have gathered 5 of our top pick-ups of comfortable bridesmaid dresses from eDresstore.com, we are more than sure you will get inspired from them!
1) Emerald Modest Stretchy Bridesmaid Dresses Long Sleeves: This emerald green dress is sure to make your bridesmaids look and feel fabulous! Crafted with a stretchy material, this dress offers a comfortable fit. The modest long sleeves add a classy touch.
2) Modest Navy Blue Beaded Mermaid Bridesmaid Dress: This glamorous mermaid-style bridesmaid dress is sure to turn heads on your big day! The navy blue fabric is adorned with elegant beading. Plus, the comfortable fabric and fitted waistline ensure an easy-to-wear look.
3) Modest Dusty Blue Wrap Velvet Bridesmaid Dresses with Flutter Sleeves. This beautiful bridesmaid dress is perfect for any wedding! The dusty blue color is perfect for any season, and the wrap dress style is both flattering and comfortable, and convenient for nursing, while the short flutter sleeves add a touch of femininity.
4) Marigold Wrap Bridesmaid Dresses Spaghetti Straps Long. Wow your guests by wearing this wrap dress for your bridesmaids. It has a v neckline and spaghetti straps, so that your girls can feel comfortable throughout the day while also looking charming and stunning. Soft chiffon fabric touches comfortable and falls beautifully to the floor. The wrap style is also nursing friendly. A beautiful addition to any summer wedding!
5) Minimalist Modest Dusty Blue Satin Bridesmaid Dresses Cowl Neck. You don’t have to give up style for modesty. This elegant bridesmaid dress features cap sleeves and a round neck for a classic style. It is crafted from soft, luxurious satin fabric that provides comfort and a flattering fit. The cowl neckline gives it a graceful look that is perfect for any spring, summer or autumn ceremony. A slim A line skirt adds movement to this modern bridesmaid gown and falls perfectly on the ground.