– We live in the 21st century, which means that we live in an era of technology. In order to protect our privacy (and the privacy of others that are connected to us), we need a strong password for our Facebook accounts. However, a strong password is often difficult to come up with, remember, and type. That is one of the main reasons that people settle for a password that is weak and easy to remember. But, strong passwords are crucial if you want to keep hackers and snoopers away.
– Fortunately for you, there are a few good tips to make your password easier to remember and create. Before going on to the tips, here are the three important rules when creating a strong password:
Do not make your Facebook password easy to guess
– Whenever there is a big data breach, and all the user’s password are exposed, companies tend to make a list of the common passwords people tend to use. When there was a data breach in the Adobe company, they made a list of the most common password people were using and the five most common ones were: “123456”, “123456789”, “password”, “adobe123”, and “12345678”. Yes, those are the most common ones that people used to protect their accounts. The three most common patterns and the ones you should not use (since it makes a password-guessing job easier) are these ones:
- One uppercase, five lowercase, and three digits (for example: Cookie678)
- One uppercase, six lowercase, and two digits (for example: Cookies67)
- One uppercase, three lowercase, and five digits (for example: Cook67890)
– Also, keep in mind that you should not use special dates, as well as the name of your spouse/children/pets/relatives. The strongest passwords are the ones with random letters (upper and lowercase), numbers, and symbols.
Make your password 8 characters or longer
– Short passwords are much easier to guess, hence the longer your password is, the longer it will take to crack. Of course, as long as they are not “123456789”. Many hackers do not bother with passwords that are 8 characters long.
Do not use the same password everywhere
– As mentioned, most hackers do not bother with a long password. But, if they get to one of your passwords, they will go after all your other accounts and try that password. That is why a new password for every account could be a good idea.
How to create a strong password?
– The basic rules for creating a strong password are:
- It has to have a random collection of letters (upper and lowercase), numbers, and symbols
- It has to be 8 characters or longer
- You need to use a different password for every account
– However, something like “YO|?|Uwww2R”, is really strong, but it might be difficult to remember. So, you could start by thinking about a random sentence. For example, you could use a quote, song lyrics, or a phrase. Let’s take a lyric from my favorite song: “I see stars awaken to the moonlight.” So, you could do something like this “IseeStarsAwaken2theMoonlight!”. You can capitalize the first letters, and add some numbers, or symbols.
– Of course, having a strong password might mean that you will forget your password if you do not write it down or if you do not take a picture of it (like I do). So, what can you do if you need to hack your own Facebook account? Here is how to hack Facebook:
- Reset your password by using your email
- Change your password by using the recovery email
- Reset your password by using your phone number
– These three simple ways are the best solution to your problem. If you ever forget your password, you can just go to the Facebook login page and click “forgot password”. It will give you a list of option, including these three and you should gain access to your account in no time!
– By having a strong Facebook password, you will be able to protect your privacy and the privacy of your family, friends, and acquaintances. So, if you currently have a weak password, hurry up and change it.